List of works to be prepared
Pre-recorded audio or video
A recording must be sent, together with the application, by April 1st 2020. The recording must include:
- Two contrasting movements from a suite or a mass by Guilain, Marchand, François Couperin, Grigny or Clérambault
- A chorale prelude from Orgelbüchlein by Johann Sebastian Bach
- A work of 4–7 minutes duration composed after 1850.
The recordings will be adjudicated by the following jury: Ivan Sarajishvili, Mariko Takei, and Arnfinn Tobiassen.
St. Petri Parish Church, Stavanger, 17-18.09.2020
A maximum of 6 candidates will be admitted. The candidates will prepare a 25–30 minute programme, which must include :
- A large scale Prelude/Fantasia/Toccata and Fugue, by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Fantasia for organ, op. 83, by Johan Kvandal. The music can be ordered from Norsk musikkforlag.
Stavanger Concert Hall, 20.09.2020
A maximum of 4 candidates will be admitted. The candidates will prepare a 30–35 minute programme, which must include:
- Two contrasting movements from a Sonata (for organ) by J. P. E. Hartmann, Arild Sandvold, Oskar Lindberg or Otto Olsson